Brexit Day: 29th March 2017
“Who has heard of such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Or can a nation be brought forth in a moment? Isaiah 66:8
Lord, we thank You for those who have worked and built the European Union out of their desire that the nations of Europe would walk in unity, peace & prosperity and that democracy would flourish. We thank You for the visionaries, the statesmen and all those who have worked for these ends over the last decades.
Now, even as Article 50 is triggered and there is a changing of the guard over our nation, whatever our perspective, we declare Your ways are higher than our ways, we declare Your purposes in this day, are higher than our purposes. In the Name of Jesus, we declare this is not about politics, it is not about immigration, it is not about the economy – it is about Kingdom opportunity and purpose.
We thank You for the Jubilee promise of the number 50, for the depths of Godly inheritance within our Parliament, within our laws and justice systems. As Your Ecclesia in this nation, we call forth the fullness of the shifts that are possible in these days:
- And, as the birthing of this new season for our nation begins, and even as “as we declare a thing it shall be established” we decree and declare in this nation:
- All matters pertaining to the law and administration of our land will align and enforce Kingdom values, including the principle of freedom of choice, freedom of conscience and the sanctity of human life.
- Under Your law, our democracy, the government of the people, for the people, by the people, will release peace, health, welfare, security and prosperity for all social, ethnic, cultural and regional groups within society.
- Government will not be divided but united for Your purpose and plan.
- Every Commission, Council, Charter, bill, Declaration, Treaty and law relating to the freedoms and rights of individuals will recognise and submit to the Higher Authority of the King of Kings and the Ancient of Days.
- We declare in every court of our land, mercy, truth and alignment with God given precepts will prevail.
(from ‘A Spiritual Magna Carta’)